End of April 2020 update from the Founder of Custodia
It’s been a strange few weeks for us all, our lives and our communities are changing. As these challenges persist, we maintain focus on our team training and safety while improving service for the seniors we serve. Here are a few updates to be aware of:
- We continue to perform scheduled essential services for seniors both outside and inside their homes. All non-essential services are still on hold to help plank the curve. We continue to monitor strict safety and sanitization protocols that help us minimize our impact and keep items and seniors safe.
- Key things seniors are asking for: Information about the community, access to masks, cutting the grass, keeping the yard, getting groceries, grab bar installations, deep cleaning, deck, and fence fixes, and safety and security checks.
- Despite the continued strain placed on the community and the market, seniors still need help, and access to information and affordable services to help them at home.
Free Mobile App Launched
- We built a smart aging in place planning mobile app now available on Apple and Android phones. We wanted to provide something to the community that could help them live better lives at home and we hope you like it.
- We will be adding new features every few weeks and are excited to get your early feedback on the new service. It will get to know the home and the seniors living there and will continue to provide up to date and relevant advice and access to services that help seniors live longer at home.
Free Seniors Support Hotline expanded 24/7
- Our a free Seniors Support Hotline at 1-833-410-HELP is now operating 24/7 including holidays. We are happy to be able to take seniors requests whenever they are needed.
- The hotline collects the required information and connect each call or email to the local community, professional services, peer-reviewed information, or advice on how to live better at home.
- Another way we can return something to the community is by giving Custodia Bucks for helping us meet new customers. We can take the money that was earmarked for advertising and give it to you instead!
- We are excited to launch our GIVE $50 GET $25 program where you can give a senior in need $50 Custodia Bucks and get $25 Custodia Bucks to use for your own needs. Custodia Bucks can be spent on any service Custodia provides and can be used to lower your spending and put money back in your pocket. Learn more on our website.
Helping the Community
- Custodia Franchise Partners have been active in the community helping seniors and elder-care homes by delivering care packages and masks to those who need it most.
- Companies from across Canada are stepping up to help their communities. Over 26,000 companies submitted requests to help the Canadian government during the past 2 months. We truly live in an amazing country filled with some of the world’s greatest people. Read more about how Canadian businesses are stepping up.
We stand by the entire community as we navigate these changes together. Take care of yourself, your family, and neighbours by continuing to follow your local public health guidelines.
Stay safe, happy, and healthy
Founder of Custodia