A note from our founder on the COVID-19 Pandemic
I’m writing this note to share the steps we’re taking to ensure that all of our teams, customers, and partners continue to have a safe and positive experience in light of recent developments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Reducing the stress of seniors and their families is our top priority and a commitment that we take seriously.
Please take a moment to review the precautionary measures we’re taking:
- We’re working closely with our staff, franchisees, and contractors to ensure safe end-to-end business continuity and we will not engage in any form of surge pricing on any of our services even with increased demand from seniors and their families. We promise you’ll get the same great value from Custodia no matter what happens in the coming weeks.
- We’ve asked our employees to work from home or take time off if experiencing any symptoms of cold or flu. We will help them through these tough times and ensure everyone is safe and can still pay their bills.
- We are continuing to provide 100% of our Outside and Urgent Indoor services for seniors throughout the regions we serve. Our partners and customers can rely on us to be there in the coming weeks to help them through whatever is coming. Seniors and health care workers need safe and secure access to be able to perform their duties, and Custodia is here to ensure that remains consistent.
- We’ve temporarily suspended our In-Home Handyman Service other than for urgent needs like grab bar installations or other safety and security needs of our customers. Please hold your non-essential indoor projects for the time being.
- We have amped up our service portfolio for seniors. If you know a senior who needs help in the coming weeks, please do not hesitate to call us. We will do our best to help at reduced rates and in many cases, no cost at all. We are part of this community and we are here to serve it.
- We’ll continue to maintain strict adherence to our rigorous standards of cleanliness as well as sanitary and training procedures in our office and vehicle-based facilities across Ontario.
We encourage our customers and others who interact with seniors to strictly abide by the Health Canada prevention and preparation best practices. You can start by avoiding crowded spaces, reducing contact with others, staying home and having Custodia deliver supplies and essentials instead of running errands.
None of us really know what the future will hold. Even so, you can rely on Custodia to be there for seniors, not-for-profits, places of worship an others who help seniors in their time of need.
We will continue to follow developments closely. Please rest assured that Custodia will continue to provide the same great service you are used to while observing the highest standards of health and safety. Should you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out, we are always happy to help.
Founder of Custodia Seniors Support